Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A blog from Alicia

In the spirit of the money fast, I recently decided to purchase a reusable mug. It's something I'd thought about forever and I was finally getting one. I found a stainless steel one that I liked. I asked an employee for her opinion and she suggested a larger one to leave room for milk, etc . . . I thought about it, with the idea of unnecessary consumption in mind, and opted for the smaller 12 ounce option. I had deep thoughts about how here in the U.S. we are always think bigger is better, always planning and hoping for more.

Yes, I was feeling a bit self-satisfied as I walked out of the store.

Then another reusable mug caught my eye. This one was clear with colorful graphics. It was so cute! I immediately thought about how I could get it someday to use for coffee. Of course I could have both, even though one is perfectly satisfactory if washed between uses.

I was soon humbled as I realized the many money traps I constantly fall into.
(Our thanks to Alicia Gutierrez for this blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment